Friday, July 6, 2012

Nail Tutorial: American Flag Nails

Hey y'all I know it's been a couple of days since the 4th, but I still wanted to share my 4th of July mani with y'all!  First, I hope that everyone had a safe and eventful holiday!!!  My family stayed in and ate LOTS of barbecue and watched a few foreign movies, kung fu hiya!  My town had to cancel the annual flight fest, which meant no fireworks. : (  I wasn't going to post this, but I thought that this design could be worn for the Olympics ( I freaking LOVE the Olympics)!!!


Click the "Read More" button to see the tutorial for this patriotic manicure!



Here are the items that I used.
From L to R:  Pure Ice "French Kiss", Sally Hansen "White On", Kiss "Red", Milani Jewel FX "Silver", Silver star rhinestones, and reinforcements.


Step 1:  Paint your nails with two coats of your favorite blue polish.

Step 2:  Once your base color is dry, place reinforcements at the base of your nails.

Step 3:  Paint a coat of white polish on the area above the reinforcements.
Step 4:  Peel off the reinforcements immediately and clean up around your nails.  Quick Tip:  If your base color comes off of your nail take a nail art brush with your base color and fill in the bald spots.

Step 5:  Take a red nail art polish and paint red stripes down your nails.

Step 6:  Next, you are going to add a star rhinestone in the middle of your nail, along the line where we created the half moon.  Then you're going to place large silver glitter along both sides of the star rhinestone.



Step 7:  I placed a star rhinestone after three big glitters on my thumb nail.  Quick Tip:  Top coat is great way to adhere rhinestones to your nails.
 Step 8:  Let your nails dry for about 15-20 minutes and apply a top coat!


 You can see that I accidentally put some red polish in the blue area, that's what I get for rushing! : }

I hope you all found this tutorial helpful!  If you decide to recreate this design you can post a picture on our facebook wall!

Don't forget to enter my birthday giveaway HERE!  The giveaway ends on the 12th and one person will win two Sinful Colors polishes!

Thanks for reading and follow and share if you like!
Crystal <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...