Monday, April 16, 2012

OPI Holland Collection Dupes!

Hey y'all so I recently got some mini OPI polishes and found that I had a dupe for most of the colors that came in the set and I wanted to share them with you all!  If you didn't see my haul, you can check out my blogpost or watch my haul video.

I bought this set because I fell in LOVE with Pedal Faster Suzi!  I also wanted to try the other colors that came in this set so I can compare them to other polishes in my collection.

From L to R: I Have a Herring Problem, Red Lights Ahead...Where?, Kiss Me on My Tulips, and Pedal Faster Suzi!


Here are the polishes that I found in my collection that were pretty darn close to the OPI colors.

From L to R:  OPI "Kiss me on My Tulips, NYC "Fuchsia Shock Creme", OPI "Pedal Faster Suzi!", and NYC "Long Time Lavender"

From L to R:  OPI "I Have a Herring Problem", Essie "Smooth Sailing", OPI Red Light Ahead...Where?, and Ulta "Eye Popping Poppy"

First, I want to talk about Pedal Faster Suzi!, my personal favorite!  When I first saw this color I thought it was this amazing unique color that I didn't have in my collection until I reorganized my polishes...When I saw this NYC polish I realized why I loved this color!!  The light pink with the slight silver shimmer just makes me happy!  Now, NYC's Long Time Lavender is slightly darker than the OPI polish but it's not that much of a difference to justify buying a big bottle of the OPI polish.  I do plan on buying a full size bottle of this only because the NYC polish was limited edition (or at least I think it was) and plus, the color is AMAZING! Even though I don't have swatches for this post, the application of the OPI color is a bit streaky, but with about 3 coats you can achieve complete opacity.  The NYC polish in this comparison is about the same application wise but it is a bit more opaque than Pedal Faster Suzi!

Now we're going to look at OPI's Red Lights Ahead...Where?(RLAW) and Ulta's Eye Popping Poppy(EPP).  At first glance these two colors look almost identical, but when you paint your nails with the two colors you can tell that RLAW has more orange in it than EPP, which has more pink in it.  I don't think you'll need both colors because they are way too similar.  Another great dupe for RLAW is Craving Coral by Revlon, you can see this polish here.

When I saw the OPI display I knew that I wanted this color, but once I got my set I realized that I had this color in my collection too!  Kiss Me on My Tulips(KMOMT) is a hot Fuchsia creme color.  A great dupe for this polish is NYC's Fuchsia Shock Creme(FSC).  It's slightly lighter and has more blue in it than KMOMT.  KMOMT and FSC are about the same when it comes to opacity.  Other than that, the color is spot on and the best thing is that the NYC polish only cost 99 CENTS!!!

The last polish that I'm going to talk about is OPI's I Have a Herring Problem(IHHP).  The first color that I thought would be a dupe for this polish was Essie's Smooth Sailing(SS).  Obviously the two are no where close to being dupes of each other but I wanted to show you how the colors differ from each other.  IHHP is a deep gray-ish teal with silvery gold shimmer in it.  SS is a light grey periwinkle color with silver shimmer in it.  IHHP is opaque in two coats and you can definitely see the gold shimmer a lot more once you apply the polish to your nails.  SS looks a lot more like OPI's I Don't Give a Rotter-Dam, which is also from the Holland Collection.

So there you have it! I am really liking the Holland Collection by OPI and I do plan on getting some of the other colors in the future.  The only reason why I haven't gone ahead and bought the whole collection is because a LOT of these colors are very dupe able, like the ones above.  The one advantage that the OPI collection has against the other brand is the formula.  OPI's nail formula is probably the best that I've ever used, next to Julep.  I'll have a Nail Polish Spotlight on one of these colors in the near future, can you guess which one it is?

Did you like the OPI Holland collection?  What colors did y'all pick up?
Thanks for reading,
Crystal <3

3 comments:

  1. Great comparisons! Can I add them to my blog's dupe list? I'll credit you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...